With our association with Anglia Compliance and Training, The Transport Manager now offers FORS accredited CPC training including;
FORS Safe Urban Driving Training
Essential training for all commercial drivers operating HGVs regularly in the urban environment and where there are high volumes of vulnerable road users, such as cyclists and pedestrians. SUD Training is Driver CPC accredited and fully aligned to meet the requirements of:
- Work Related Road Risk (WRRR)
- Fleet Operator Recognition Scheme (FORS) Silver level
- Construction Logistics & Cyclist Safety (CLOCS) Standard
The objectives of the course are for HGV Drivers to gain an understanding of:
- how and why city roads are changing to accommodate active travel, such as walking and cycling
- How to identify the most vulnerable road users (VRUs) and how they interact with traffic
- How to share the roads safely with others by applying defensive driving techniques
- the safe use and limitations of supplementary vehicle safety equipment and how to maintain its effectiveness
As part of the course they will also gain first-hand experience as a VRU, through on-cycle hazard awareness, and recognise why cyclists behave the way they do
SUD is delivered in two sections, a classroom theory module and a practical cycling module, where drivers experience a cyclist’s view of the road. The two modules are delivered on the same day.
FORS – Staying Legal
A course is designed to inform all HGV drivers of the requirements to remain compliant, when driving an HGV commercially on public roads.
The course content includes information on the various enforcement agency’s drivers and vehicle operators will come into contact with, what they are looking for in terms of compliance from Drivers and Operators and the possible consequences of non-compliance.
The learning aims are to raise the overall HGV compliance standards, along with the protection of the actual Operators Licence and to give drivers an understanding of;
- which legislation and regulations govern the transport industry and describe the moral and legal obligations of the driver
- the different enforcement agencies, their roles and how they target non-compliance
- the role of the driver in protecting the operator’s licence
- how regulations are enforced and the common offences, including drivers’ hours, loading and unloading
- and be able to describe the requirements of the law that the driver must abide with to be compliant
- and be able to describe the legal requirements to ensure their vehicle is compliant
- how to be compliant in all aspects of a journey, including effective route planning
- the WRRR schemes in place around London and what benefits they have to the driver and company
Staying Legal is fully Driver CPC accredited and amounts to a seven hour Driver CPC training module, towards a driver’s graduated total
Van Smart is aimed at getting Drivers of Light Goods Vehicles to better understand their role and responsibilities in relation to safe workplace transport operations
Driver behaviour in terms of fitness and health, driver responsibilities for vehicle and load safety and the safety of other road users form a key part of the course and help drivers meet the challenges provided by their working environment – the Urban Roadspace
Van Smart is a Transport for London (TfL) backed driver training programme that aims to reduce work related road risks, improve safety and create long-term behavioural change in the van sector.
Van Smart is delivered in two sections, a classroom theory module and a practical cycling module, where van drivers experience a cyclist’s view of the road. The two modules are delivered on the same day, and courses can be delivered either at one of our training venues or at you premises – subject to suitability for both classroom and cycle training
To identify exactly how we can help please contact us: